Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Best Summer Ever...

It was supposed to be the best summer ever. The last summer our family would resemble it’s old self. A time of redoing things we loved and trying things we’d always talked about but never got around to. It was the last hurrah as they say and it was ours for the taking. Kinda...
Enter wisdom teeth and the slow down that became August. I laugh when I say that because our August has been anything but slow given we’re moving our one and only to college then packing what’s left of our life and heading 600 miles south. Trust me, the mayhem a double move and major life change brings with it can’t be measured and if it could, you really wouldn’t want to know.
It was my precious kiddo, all puffy cheeks and glassy eyes, nestled safely in the wisdom tooth removal recovery center (otherwise known as our sofa), that said it best. “It’s like God knew we only had a few more days together in this house so he quieted things down so we could all be here.”
And thus August has become a month of family game nights and movie nights and milkshakes and air mattresses in the family room and lots of ibuprofen. Of messy counters and medicine schedules and torn apart spaces and moving boxes and IKEA bags bound for IU. We’re surviving and we’ve made some wonderful memories this month (the state fair and the John Mayer concert!) and we’ve managed to check a few things off that “let’s try it” list. I’m beyond grateful for this month because I’m counting on these memories to hold me through some really difficult days that I know are rushing toward my precious little family.
Our son has five days left under this roof and while I may have a few regrets from these first 18 years of parenting, the month of August isn’t one of them.  #BuehlerLife #IUBound #ATLOTP828

No comments:

Post a Comment