Thursday, August 29, 2019

Cloud Cars...


That bank that took me no time to find on Monday? It took me forty eight minutes today from the same starting point. Everything is starting to look familiar which means I was a little overconfident today and know just enough to be dangerous. Which means I got myself lost but good. I even confused Google maps and Waze and had to pull into a parking lot and turn everything off for a hard reset. Worse, I forgot the way to the cupcake store so I couldn’t even drown my sorrows. Trust me, this cute little cloud car is not your friend! These are some of the tough days I knew would come. The gap as we’ve taken to calling it. The novelty of tiny apartment living has worn off, I’m sick of exploring since I’m on the opposite side of town from our new house so it doesn’t really count, and we still have five days to go. Sitting at a traffic light after I got myself straightened out, I let out a sigh and reminded myself that this won’t last forever and in a few days I’ll get to go home. And then I had the sinking realization that this isn’t some extended vacation and I am home. On the up side the lady at the bank gave me a hug but then again people tend to do that when you’re paying them so I don’t think it counts like I needed it to.  #DayFourSucks #Homesick#MissingMyFriendsAndFamily #CloudCarsAreStupid#ATLOTPDayFour

No comments:

Post a Comment