Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Just A Note...


I dragged my feet about cleaning the kiddos' room after winter break. I don’t mind seeing the bed unmade. It reminds me there was life in his room and I can’t wait until he returns to mess it up all over again this summer. So I waited a couple of days of tidy up.
When I finally braved it, I found this notecard sitting neatly tented on the kiddos’ dresser. At first I thought it was a mistake. I’m always on him to do thank you cards and this Christmas was no exception. Had he left one behind by accident? Yes. And no. The card he left behind was for me and it wasn’t by accident. 
This card is validation that we’ve come through a major transition intact. This card is validation that turning our lives upside down at the worst possible time hasn’t ruined our kiddo. It’s a glimpse into my son’s heart, a view of the past five crazy months from his perspective, and it's exactly what I needed to hear.  #OhSoGrateful  #BuehlerLife

No comments:

Post a Comment