Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Day of Notes...

I come from a long line of letter writers and one of my most treasured gifts from my Grams is her Bible, which is complete with notes from her sisters tucked into nearly every other page. Grams had such a robust exchange with those she loved and to this day I'm sure that's why I feel there's just something about a handwritten note... 

My Grams and her sisters loved to write to one another. They never let the miles separate them and that was especially true of my great aunt Ruth Mary, who lived in California for many years, and my great aunt Connie, who lived in Greece long before International calling plans were unlimited. 




Imagine my delight when I pulled this out of the mailbox this afternoon. My Aunt Connie is 91 and she is the sharpest, most well educated, independent lady I know. And look at that penmanship! 

I love so many things about her but I adore this the most--now she writes to me. #GramsBestFriend #Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment