Saturday, April 9, 2016

Forever. Always.

Imagine my surprise when in the middle of vacation, on a Sunday morning no less, my alarm sounds at 615am. When I roll over to silence what I'm certain is a mistake, I notice my son standing at the edge of my bed. 

"I thought we could catch the sunrise together so I set your alarm," he smiles through a sleepy grin. "That cool?"

"Of course it is," I respond, doing my best to keep my emotions in check and not lose my stuff altogether in front of this child I adore. The one who will turn 15 in a matter of days. The one who is suddenly more man than boy. "I will watch a million sunrises with you," I want to shout. "Forever. Always." 

But instead, I throw on my sweats and quickly make our coffees so we can hit the beach before dawn.  ‪#‎thebestday‬ 

No comments:

Post a Comment